Terms & Conditions:
TEDxPerth “The Human Adventure” Social Media Competition
To celebrate this year's TEDxPerth theme, The Human Adventure, we're running a social media competition to WIN 2 tickets to our Flagship event on September 7, 2019.
Enter to WIN in 3 simple steps:
- Share a picture depicting what The Human Adventure means to you on Instagram
- Tag @TEDxPerth and #HumanAdventureChallenge
- Explain in your post what "The Human Adventure" means to you in 50 words or less
Eligibility & How To Enter:
- Only entrants who reside in Western Australia or who will be in Perth, Western Australia on the day of the Flagship event (7 September 2019) are eligible to enter.
- Entrants must be 18+ years of age on the day the winner is announced in order to be eligible.
Entry is made by:
- Sharing a picture depicting what The Human Adventure means to you on Instagram
- Tagging @TEDxPerth and #HumanAdventureChallenge
- Explaining in your post what "The Human Adventure" means to you in 50 words or less
- One entry is allowed per person.
- Staff members and volunteers of TEDxPerth are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Competition commences on 22/7/19 and closes at 11:59PM AWST on 12/8/19.
- The winner will receive two tickets to the Flagship event which is an all-day event. More details about the day can be found at https://tedxperth.org/
- This prize must be taken as offered. Prizes are non-refundable, non-transferrable or non-exchangeable for cash or services.
- The tickets will be given to the winner on the day of the event and instructions regarded this will be provided.
- There will be one winner only.
- The winner will be privately messaged on Instagram and once confirmed, will be announced on our social media channels.
- The winner should respond and claim their prize no more than 24 hours after the announcement or the prize will be redrawn.
- The winner will be randomly selected.
- The winner will be announced via TEDxPerth’s social media channels on 13 August 2019.
General Terms & Conditions:
- The Promoter of this competition is TEDxPerth.
- This competition will be run ONLY through TEDxPerth’s Instagram social media page, however may be promoted on other social media channels.
- By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of TEDxPerth as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win.
- TEDxPerth takes no responsibility if the prize winner’s contact details are incorrect or incomplete and the prize winner cannot be contacted. Should the winner not respond within 24 hours of receiving an Instagram direct message confirming them as the winners an additional draw will take place until a winner is confirmed.
- TEDxPerth has the right to remove any content or information applicants post on our social media if we believe that it violates Instagram’s policies.
- TEDxPerth reserves the right to disqualify any individual who does not comply with our terms and conditions and to also cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion at our sole discretion.
- The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by TEDxPerth.
- Eligible entrants give consent to TEDxPerth for the use of personal information provided in connection with this competition for the purposes of awarding the prize,
- Lewd and discriminatory posts of any kind will be removed from TEDxPerth’s pages.
- Entrants consent to TEDxPerth using the entrants name, country of residence and any images for the purpose of marketing and promotion of TEDxPerth including posting images on social media channels and on websites and any other promotional activities TEDxPerth deems in its sole discretion.
- Save for the entrant’s name, country of origin and images all other private information will be kept strictly confidential and will not be published or shared with anyone or any other organisation.
- By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless [your company name] and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF AUSTRALIA AND WESTERN AUSTRALIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Western Australia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- By entering this competition, the entrant agrees to receive emails and promotions from TEDxPerth from time to time. Entrants can opt out of these communications at any time in the future by selecting the unsubscribe option.
- By entering this content, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of [your company name]. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless TEDxPerth from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which TEDxPerth may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You are providing your information to TEDxPerth and not to Instagram. The information you provide will be used for internal TEDxPerth purposes only unless otherwise stated.